Chapter Seven: Flavia: In which I am assigned to my Papa's army
Liza and I was finally assigned to a station. Ever since Ocelum a year ago, we'd been moved around to different sections of the army. But, when we was assigned, we was both very excited. Marcus told us where we was goin' to be.
"Liza, Via!" Marcus exclaimed burstin' into our tent one day. "You've been assigned!"
"We have?" Liza stood up. "Where?"
"To Camp Celtaeca." Marcus grinned.
"That's where you an' Papa is stationed!" I said excitedly.
"Are stationed." Liza corrected me. "Not is stati-" Liza was cut off when Marcus kissed her. I left to find a nice bush to throw up behind. That's where Papa found me: huddled behind a bush, breathin' hard.
"What's wrong, Via?" He asked pullin' me to my feet.
"Marcus kissed Liza." I said.
"And you don't like romance?" Papa asked, smilin'.
"No." I said. I hated romance. It was disgustin'. I was a fifteen year old girl who hated romance. I did know for certain that I would never get married.
"C'mon, Via." Papa took my hand. "Your speech's gotten better in the past five years."
"Course it 'as." I dropped my h on purpose. "Liza's been ruinin' my perfectly good speech."
"You sound better with good speech." Papa said, leadin' me back towards camp.
"Hmph." I said.
(Sorry this is so short.)