March 12, 2021

All For Freedom Chapter Eleven

 Chapter Eleven: Flavia: In which I try to escape
    The soldier I was in possession of was nice. I didn't like him, he was one of them Remens, but that didn't change the fact that he was nice. I resolved to run away as soon as possible so that I wouldn't begin to like him.
    The very next mornin', after I'd made my resolve to run away, I got up before any light touched the dark Remen sky. I slipped on my sandels, braided my hair, an' slipped outside, shuttin' the door quietly behind me. 
    The early mornin' air was cold. It sliced through my thin clothes an' bit me as hard as it could. It was most certainly a Remen wind. It was harsh an' mean.
    I walked down the road through Reme. I remembered that a forest was nearby so I headed towards it. I'd be safe there.

    I reached the forest as the sun rose. A commotion behind me indicated that the soldier had realized I was gone. I ran farther into the forest. I could tell that someone was followin' me. I ran faster. Unfortunately I wasn't fast enough.
    I reached a clearing an' felt someone grab me. The person, who was probably a Remen, grabbed me around the waist an' lifted me off the ground. I kicked an' screamed. Papa woulda been proud.
    "Unfortunately, I cannot let you go at this moment in time." It was the soldier. He set me down but kept a firm grip on my arm. I was unwillin'ly led back to the soldier's house. There was no way I would be able to like him now.