Chapter Two
Tiyana sat on the couch reading. Matthew walked in.
"Do you know when your father's getting back?" Matthew asked.
"No." Tiya said, standing up book in hand. "I don't know. He said the meeting lenghts depend on who's there and what happens."
"Huh." Matthew said.
"By that," Tiya said. "He meant it depends on if Mother's there and what she does."
"Ah," Matthew said.
"It'll probably be a little longer." Tiya turned a page.
"What will be?" Tiya looked up. Allan set down his sword.
"You're back!" Tiya dropped her book. "That was shorter than normal."
"Your mother wasn't there." Allan smiled shyly.
"How'd it go?" Tiya asked.
"I think it went well." Allan said. "I'm not that well liked, but we got through the meeting without any cause for alarm."
"I'm glad." Tiya said.
"What have you two done?" Allan asked.
"No much," Matthew said. "Reading, playing with Limpy...."
"Junco stopped by for a few minutes." Tiyana said, looking for her spot in her book.
"Did he now," Allan grinned, watching Tiya flip back and forth looking for her spot. "May I ask what you were reading? You were reading quite intently even while answering Matthew."
"It's a book completely done in poetry." Tiya said, finding her spot and bookmarking it. "And it's written to be performed. It's called A Midsummer Night's Dream. Seanair* suggested it. Matthew found me a copy. It's been really interesting."
"You'll have to tell me more about it later." Allan said.
"You can read it when I'm done." Tiyana said. "My favorite character is Hermia."
"Mine's Puck." Matthew said.
An outside disturbance brought all three to the front door. Junco was nearby.
"What's wrong?" Allan asked Junco.
"Swallow's missing." Junco said. "And I'm not going to repeat what Mother said once she found out." Allan frowned.
"I'm going to see if I can help." Allan strapped on his sword. "Junco, where's your mother?"
"Somewhere in the main part of the village." Junco said.
"Thanks." Allan ran off towards the main village. Junco followed him.
Allan didn't return anytime soon.
When the sun started setting, Tiya stood up.
"He should've been back by now." She said. "If not because there was nothing to do, at least to give us an update on the situation!"
"Let's go find Junco," Matthew suggested. "He might know something."
Junco's heart dove into his stomach as soon as he saw Tiyana and Matthew on the doorstep. Junco stepped outside and shut the door so that Sparrow wouldn't hear the conversation.
"Any news on your sister?" Matthew asked.
Junco shook his head. "No. We've gotten nothing."
"What about my Father?" Tiyana asked. Junco bit his lip and looked at the ground.
"Come with me." He said.
Andy was on his stomach on a rock on a cliff overlooking the McCallisters' camp. Kyra was there. He was sure of it. Andy knew that he had to get her out of there. The question was how and would he get himself captured thereby ruining his chance of rescuing Kyra?
There was only one way to find out.
Kyra screamed.
"Tell me where your beloved half Elf is and I'll stop." Trevor McCallister hissed in her ear. Kyra took quick shallow breaths but didn't answer. A little trickle of blood ran down her right cheek and a bruise was forming over her left ear.
"Tell me!" Trevor's face was inches from her own.
"You'll have to kill me first." She said.
"I might have to do just that." Trevor McCallister hissed and left the room.
*Seanair is Scots Gaelic for grandfather